[FFmpeg-devel] Channel mapping integration in af pan

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Jan 19 10:32:40 CET 2012

Le nonidi 29 nivôse, an CCXX, compn a écrit :
> complicated command switches.

As Clément pointed out, the syntax in the ffmpeg implementation is simpler
than the syntax in mplayer. Did you look at the examples in Clément's patch?

For example: pan="stereo:c0=c1:c1=c0" to swap the input channels of a stereo
file. I could not be much simpler, IMHO.

>				can there be aliases. like af pan=6to2 or
> 7to2 ? or do the different channel layouts mess with this ?

I am not avert to having presets, but I fear endless bickering about the
exact coefficients: depending on the standard, the gain for the rear
channels should be the same as for the front channels, or half, or
1/sqrt(2), or...

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George