[FFmpeg-devel] Seeking in Apple HTTP Live Streaming

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Jan 17 20:53:33 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 01:25:09PM +0200, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> 2012/1/16 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> >> Are any other demuxers doing something similar, or is there some
> >> generic code for prefetching pieces of a stream? I'm currently going
> >> through the code to see for myself, but any pointers are of course
> >> appreciated.
> >
> > i could only think of udp which isnt a demuxer but "prefetches" using
> > a seperate thread
>
> The implementation of UDP prefetching is buggy, btw.
> See archives of libav-user at ffmpeg.org with title "Multicast source is
> 'lost' on high cpu load".

the last message that speaks about this issue in that thread is from
the 21st december
the code was changed and hopefully fixed on the 23rd

can you confirm this issue still exists in git master ?

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato