[FFmpeg-devel] git ffmpeg/Xbmc lockup

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 18:03:10 CET 2012

Hi,

> "git show d185278" and "git diff f5be84c..d185278" should be showing pretty
> much the same commit.
> But there's a whole bunch of crap that actually got changed when you see the
> output of the git diff.

You can't take the chronological order as shown by the web interface
as anything but an overview. The actual parent of d185278 is 4278023.
The web interface sadly doesn't show the full truth, because of the
merges from libav. Its not a linear history.

I can imagine that the freezes are being caused by the "new" automatic
multi-threading which is even used during file probing (which already
caused numerous issues).
Michael send a patch to the ML to disable it for the time being, i
would recommend to apply it and see if you can still reproduce it?

- Hendrik