[FFmpeg-devel] Snow documentation effort

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Feb 27 05:43:55 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:17:25PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:02:12PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > And id be happy to write such spec, but iam not able to accept money
> > from the current foundation. There have been too many controversies
> > around it, i dont want to be associated with it in its current form.
> > Maybe if the next vote isnt "tuned" and the next directors
> > represent the free software the foundation is supposed to represent
>
> Well, it would be easier if you'd see that as a chance for the
> foundation to prove its value.
> I mean it is a bit unfair if you complain you know about nobody
> who got money from them and then don't want to take money from
> them even if it was offered...
> If nobody tries to/wants to get money (from FFmpeg side) it's
> no wonder nobody does.

ok, heres a try:

I write the snow spec, but not alone. I think we should take the
opertunity to try to reunite the 2 sides. So ideal would be if some
of the hardliners from libav would participate, also i think stefano
might be interrested to also work on it.

This doesnt mean ive changed my mind on what i dislike on how the
foundation is run but i think that a small step toward reuniting the
team is a overriding goal relative to that.

DNS cache poisoning attacks, popular search engine, Google internet authority
dont be evil, please