[FFmpeg-devel] Hacking FATE for fun and coverage

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 15:16:26 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 02:53:54PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le primidi 1er ventôse, an CCXX, Clément Bœsch a écrit :
> > I just made a FATE config generate coverage stuff, and it is available
> > here: http://lucy.pkh.me/ffmpeg-coverage/
>
> Very nice, thanks.

Thank you for your interest in it :)

> I do not suppose you have a day-by-day archive of the results? It would be
> nice to be able to see how much an added test improves the result.

Indeed, at the moment the whole directory is rsync'ed at each run. I could
take snapshots instead, but given the current directory size (more than
80MB), I'd better add a history limit, like say 50 or 100 runs.

I'll see what I can do about this.

> Automatically committing all index.html files into a git repository after
> each run may be a good way to implement it.

This would get rid of the size issue indeed, but it would require a bit
more complex scripting. Also, I think being able to browse an old revision
snapshot is more friendly than HTML diffs.

--
Clément B.