[FFmpeg-devel] strange seek problem matroska and avcodec_flush_buffers

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Sun Feb 19 18:43:32 CET 2012

> Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>
> If you really wanted to you probably could hack error concealment to
> do something better than substituting a plain gray for missing
> references (in this and probably many other cases, just a darker
> gray seems like it would look nicer).
>
> Thus MPlayer instructs FFmpeg to _not_ discard any initial
> non-keyframes (or in this case frames before the intra refresh
> interval passed) by setting CODEC_FLAG2_SHOW_ALL

By setting CODEC_FLAG2_SHOW_ALL you get a quicker clean new frame even
though you will get some distortion prior to this. That is quicker than not
setting CODEC_FLAG2_SHOW_ALL and waiting on a new frame.

Is there a way to detect when error concealment is complete ? This I think
would be quite useful if this makes sense. It seems to since you do get a
quicker clean new frame by setting CODEC_FLAG2_SHOW_ALL.