[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2012

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:04:03 CET 2012

Am 31.01.12 17:19, schrieb Thilo Borgmann:
> Am 31.01.12 13:36, schrieb compn:
>> whos in this year?
>>
>> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_/_Libav_Summer_Of_Code_2012
>
> Include the MPEG-4 ALS encoder Justin and I wrote some time ago and possibly
> extend its features. Justin volunteers to mentor that project.

who can add it to the wiki?

Complete project description for the wiki:

MPEG-4 ALS Roundup

This task is to update and enhance the existing ALS decoder as well as integrate
and enhance the rudimentary encoder found at:
https://github.com/justinruggles/FFmpeg-alsenc

Possible features are:

- implement rls-lms in the decoder
- do correct channel layout/sort handling in the decoder
- update to current master
- use codec private options
- implement encode2(), setting pts and duration
- document options and examples in encoders.texi
- come up with a good set of encoding tests for FATE
- implement mcc/channel sort in the encoder
- implement rls-lms in the encoder
- implement float support

Mentor: Justin Ruggles

-Thilo