[FFmpeg-devel] relative fontconfig path

Helmut Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Fri Aug 31 10:28:12 CEST 2012

On 31.08.12 3:43 , Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> No matter what the developers think, I believe this mailing
> list is the only useful place to put this patch in case
> somebody ever has the same need as you.

It's not that simple. My patch gives the user no choice and sets the
fontconfig path to a hard-coded subdirectory of the binary's location.
In terms of usabilty this is rather unacceptable.

I want an opinion of someone who decides what goes into the product and I
would like to see, if somebody has a better idea how to solve this.

Using a configure option is the best choice I've come up with so far, but this
doesn't mean that there aren't any better ones.

Before I start hacking the configure script, I need to know, if this is a
valid idea. I'm not going to waste my time (especially since I'm not too
familiar with configure script coding), if there is not even a chance that it
will make it into the product.

Cheers,
  Helmut

--