[FFmpeg-devel] obseve PTS overflow when seeking

Wolfram Gloger wmglo at dent.med.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Aug 22 14:23:59 CEST 2012

"Don Moir" <donmoir at comcast.net> writes:

> o - It should be all packets have monotonic timestamps and consistent index
> entries.

For transcoded/output packets from the library, I agree 100%.

For demuxed packets -- I am not completely sure, there are arguments for
strictly keeping the original timestamps and also for removing wraps (I
favor the latter, because the demuxer knows about pts_wrap_bits and
generally about quirks of the input file format).

For the index entries, IMHO those are only file_pos/timestamp pairs
therefore strictly coupled to an input file.  Not much we can do about
_these_ timestamps, unless the complete file would be read which is
of course ridiculous.

Regards,
Wolfram.