[FFmpeg-devel] Animated GIF support

Vitaliy Sugrobov vsugrob at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 04:15:35 CEST 2012

Hi. I would like to participate in development of animated gif decoding support. Actually i've already implemented this feature by adding gif demuxer and slightly changing existing gif decoder, but it is not complete yet. There is a problem with variable delay between frames in gif: i cannot make it work. I tried to set time base via avpriv_set_pts_info (1 for numerator, 25 for denominator) in my demuxer's gif_read_header(), at the same time in gif_read_packet() i set proper pts, dts and duration for each succesive packet. But it doesn't work: conversion from gif to any kind of video gives me output with 25 frames per second rate and constant delay between frames. Please point me in the right direction.