[FFmpeg-devel] FFV1.3

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Apr 20 15:50:35 CEST 2012

Hi

Ive just commited some changes to the ffv1 codec v1.3

Whats new:

mandatory CRC on the global header

optional CRC on slices (The optionality is for discussion, we can make
it mandatory if theres consens that this would be better, it would
slow the encoder down a bit, bitrate wise it probably is negligible)

many fields have been moved from the frame header to the slice header,
this is needed so one slice can be decoded when the others are damaged
or lost

aspect ratio, top field first and interlace fields added, these could
be droped again but i think they are better in ffv1 than the container
because not all containers have these fields and thouse which do
cant always change them mid file while mixed progressive/interlaced
content exists and we want to support losslessly preserving it

Comments welcome

The real ebay dictionary, page 3
"Rare item" - "Common item with rare defect or maybe just a lie"
"Professional" - "'Toy' made in china, not functional except as doorstop"
"Experts will know" - "The seller hopes you are not an expert"