[FFmpeg-devel] h264 threading fate tests

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:43:42 CEST 2012

Hi,

I recently setup a few fate instances to test the threading (2, 8, 16 and
auto), and regularly one of the h264 conformance test fails; look at the
yellow entries here for instance:
http://fate.ffmpeg.org/history.cgi?slot=x86_64-archlinux-gcc-threads-8

The other day, I tried to run an automated git bisect run, but
unfortunately testing the potential regression would requires to run
something like "while true; do make fate-h264 -j20 THREADS=8; done" for
around 15 minutes at least each time, and it might not even be reliable.

I'm not familiar at all with AVC decoding or threading in FFmpeg, but
maybe someone has an idea of what could cause this?

Maybe I should just open an issue in the trac?

--
Clément B.