[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] change to the "setfield" filter

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Apr 16 13:47:10 CEST 2012

L'octidi 28 germinal, an CCXX, Stefano Sabatini a écrit :
> Why not to add a new value for "progressive"? This way you preserve
> the old semantics and don't break scripts.

The more values we add, the more nonsensical their numeric code will become.
Better not to expose it at all. This is already done for -1/0/1, but this is
not a reason to do it for new values as well.

I do not propose to break scripts, I only propose that scripts that use
-1/0/1 get a new warning:

[setfield] Using -1/0/1 is deprecated, please use auto/tff/bff.

And new scripts that use the new features will, perforce, use the names.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George