[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg based video player for ios devices.

Vijayendra Tripathi vijayendra.t.inbox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 10:48:37 CEST 2012

Hi Everyone,

I wish to create an ffmpeg based player for iPhone and iPad. I am not
conversant with video programming. However I was able to write a small demo
on iPhone simulator that reads frames and displays them on screen without
any audio. I looked into ffmpeg code to some extent and it looked like time
consuming process to build a proper video player out of it for ios devices.
The big challenge I think would be audio - video sync. Also the current
build script of ffmpeg failed to produce libraries for ARM architecture,
may be I missed out something. I was able to run the demo on simulator
using i386 compiled libraries though.  Is there anyone who is interested in
consulting me on this?

Thanks for considering the message.