[FFmpeg-devel] first_dts set to RELATIVE_TS_BASE in vorbis audio

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 23:18:06 CEST 2012

>>>do you have a testcase ?
>>>i mean a file + command line that shows a wrong output or something ?
>>>its easyier to look into this when we look at the same case
>>>instead of picking a random file and random options that certainly
>>>would be different from what you used
>>
>> I was hoping someone could answer why this was changed.
>>
>> It looks like all my ogg files have this problem in the audio stream
>> only, but it may be effecting other formats. Mostly it looks ok with
>> other formats but not sure.
>>
>> The value in first_dts may be exactly RELATIVE_TS_BASE as in the
>> following sample or RELATIVE_TS_BASE minus some unknown.
>>
>> http://sms.pangolin.com/temp/bad_first_dts_in_audio_stream.ogv
>>

> The last known good to me is git-e01f478 but there may be a more recent
> version that was good.
>
> The failing version that i first discovered it is git-41a097a but it may
> fail in earlier version. git-6bfb304 is still a problem.

By the way, I can't point you to actual failing senario. I use the first_dts
value to determine the offset time for a stream. If this is not used as an
offset then the timing can be off. I have noticed parcular behavior before
with ffplay etc related to this but I don't remember the exact files used to
produce that offhand.

All you need to do is open the above sample and check the first_dts value
for the audio stream. It will be RELATIVE_TS_BASE. This never occured with
previous builds and so now first_dts is not reliable and I figure this is a
bug but no one has been forthcoming with any answer.