[FFmpeg-devel] make fate or not make fate

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Apr 6 09:02:13 CEST 2012

Hi

If you push a change to ffmpeg please either
A. run make fate before or
B. push it to your own git repository and ask me to merge it.
   I will run make fate before pushing it into the main ffmpeg repo.

breaking fate sucks because it interferes with other peoples work who
then cannot test without manual intervention if their changes are ok.

So again, if you are too busy/lazy or your box is too slow to quickly
run the tests. Iam happy to do it for you but please dont just push to
ffmpeg master without having run the tests.
Also note it costs me very little time to merge your work and run
make fate because i dont run make fate more often instead i just
have a few more commits locally before i run it.

Thanks

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope