[FFmpeg-devel] video corruption using h264 hw decoders

Rainer Hochecker fernetmenta at xboxmediacenter.com
Fri Oct 28 19:57:07 CEST 2011

>would it make more sense just to disable h264 cropping when hwaccel is
>used?
>
>-compn

For my understanding cropping has do be done after decoding. I think
disabling cropping is not a real solution.
Why not exposing the original frame size and cropping parameters in
the AVCodecContext or by an API function?
Hw decoders would be able to allocate video surfaces in a proper size
and the player can do the cropping at render stage.
This will even work when using crop_top or crop_left.

Regards,
Rainer