[FFmpeg-devel] video corruption using h264 hw decoders

Rainer Hochecker fernetmenta at xboxmediacenter.com
Fri Oct 28 19:01:05 CEST 2011

>avcodec_align_dimensions2 tells you the correct dimensions (well, mostly
>for decoding with FFmpeg, but works just as well for that).
>And as you see from the changed patch, that means that the height has to
>basically be rounded up to a multiple of 32.

I have tried avcodec_align_dimensions2. It introduces corruption on a
gt220 which was fine before.
Expanding the video surface in horizontal direction will always result
into corruption.
We are able to duplicate this issue with dxva decoder.

Why do you think the size of a video surface should not match the
original coded size of a frame?

@Carl Eugene
Did you try this sample on a ION platform? The problem won't show on e.g. GT220.