[FFmpeg-devel] Suggested change for encrypted video

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Thu Oct 27 03:03:38 CEST 2011

per Michael:
>ive added some flags locally, ill push them in main git in a moment
>thanks for your report.

Thanks for this and works good. I am not quite sure though what all I should
be checking

I have something like this:

AVDictionaryEntry* pProtectedEntry = av_dict_get
(pFormatCtx->metadata,"encryption",NULL,0);
if (pProctectedEntry == NULL)
    pProctededEntry = av_dict_get
(pFormatCtx->metadata,"ASF_Protection_Type",NULL,0);

if (pProtectedEntry)
    report_protected (pProtectedEntry);

The remaining details are not quite clear. Like possibility of further
checks etc. Seems to work well enough with the above though.

Are the well known dictionary keys documented somewhere ?