[FFmpeg-devel] Suggestion: limit deshake to specific area to search for motion vectors.

Paul Flinders paul at flinders.org
Wed Oct 19 17:14:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been playing with the new deshake filter - very good stuff. However
one of the clips that I need to remove camera shake from has a small
problem - partway through a group of people all bob down simultaneously,
then stand back up again. This confuses the search for the global motion
vector somewhat.

I've patched the code so that the deshake filter arguments include a
bounding box to limit the area of the picture which works very well for
this problem.

Patch attached, thoughts?