[FFmpeg-devel] Live Encoding and RTP Streaming

Girish H T htgirish at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 11:48:51 CEST 2011

Dear all,

First of all i am really sorry for cross posting as I am desperate for a
solution.
I am a newbie to ffmpeg , i have few queries hope i will get answer from
this forum.

My aim is to capture the live data from android camera (This part i hope i
can make it working) , Encode and transmit it realtime using RTP through
network.

The RTP stream I should be able to see @ VLC media player.Is this possible
and doable thing with ffmpeg ?

I have downloaded ffmpeg android port from http://www.roman10.net/?p=394
Please give me some pointers where i need to look into.I can hardly find any
articles on live streaming using ffmpeg.

Regards
Girish