[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] h264 avoid starting decode on a non top?field

Joakim Plate elupus at ecce.se
Sat Nov 12 21:02:19 CET 2011

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 20:43:47 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 07:12:44PM +0000, Joakim Plate wrote:
>> [17 quoted lines suppressed]
>
> sure, here are some related quotes:

Found the spec after some searching. And can't say i could find anything
where it seemed to define any order on decode. I suspect the solution is to
detect the problem when the second field (that is supposed to be first)
shows up.

>From what i can tell in the code, it already tries to check the frame_num
for complementary field pairs. (only if the current one is a reference
field) I wonder why it doesn't itself there.

/Joakim