[FFmpeg-devel] split H264 decoder from ffmpeg and use it on android platform

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Nov 3 15:02:07 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 08:35:50PM +0800, xutm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I want to develop an android program to play H264 video stream received
> from internet. I think ffmpeg can do this, so i think i have to split H264
> decoder from ffmpeg and compile it with android NDK. I have googled for
> many dates and found a demo with libH264Android.so, and the interfaces are
> following:
>     public native int InitDecoder(int width, int height);
>     public native int UninitDecoder();
>     public native int DecoderNal(byte[] in, int insize, byte[] out)
>  but the source based on the very earlier version of ffmpeg instead of the
> lastest one, and there are so many bugs. Now I want to split H264 decoder
> with myself. But i dont know how to, can somebody show how to do this ?
> Thanks in advance!!!!

I suggest you just select the codecs you want with
configure --en/disable...

and compile the result for android.
you can then just use the h264 decoder over the standard avcodec*
interface.
Also note we have stagefright support which should help speedwise

If you think the mosad wants you dead since a long time then you are either
wrong or dead since a long time.