[FFmpeg-devel] RFC: ffplay for Android

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri May 27 20:38:58 CEST 2011

Hi.

A few weeks ago, I worked on a minimalistic video player for Android using
libavcodec. I ended with something that works, although it is unfortunately
too slow for interesting real world videos on my particular phone. I intend
to finish it by adding lots of comments on how to build libavcodec for
Android, how to use the sound card and screen from a mostly C application.

I can of course release it as my own stand-alone project. But there is
another option: I can submit as a patch to ffmpeg, placing it in a
doc/examples/android directory for example. The doc/examples directory could
later receive more examples on how to program with libavcodec in various
circumstances.

What do people here think about it in principle? Shall I proceed to submit
it as a patch?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George