[FFmpeg-devel] Banning developers off libav-devel

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat May 21 21:52:29 CEST 2011

Hi

My main email address has been blocked from subscribing to libav-devel
since the libav fork was born.
Until yesterday ive thus been subscribed with another of my email
addresses.
Now (unwisely) ive replied to ronald bultje personally and politely
pointed out some problems in a patch of his (speed loss in h264). A few
hours afterwards i find that mail address unsubscribed as well.
I verified this via the web interface.

Banning the main author of ffmpeg and libav* of the libav.org forks
developer list seems a bit surreal to me. But I guess its as it is.

Can any of the libav developers in CC explain me why I as main author
and main code reviewer over the last 10 years am blocked from even
just reading the libav-devel list?

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator