[FFmpeg-devel] 2nd Asking: Want to hire FFMpeg consultant

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Mar 30 16:30:05 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 09:49:11AM -0400, Tim Ouellette wrote:
> I'm aware that this is slight misuse of this devel-list but my condition
> is becoming rather grave.  Please allow me to explain, as explained in a
> previous email I have cameras that need to be transcoded (audio) and
> remuxed for viewing purposes onto IP STBs and stored by a VoD service.
>
> If I do not have a solution to this problem by the time my company opens
> on Monday it will costs us thousands of dollars to correct by
> implementing more hardware and will lose some functionality.
>
> I have been authorized (by my company) to hire a consultant to provide a
> solution to this problem. We are willing to pay $5,000.00 (USD) to
> whoever can provide us with a working solution.  I will be available to
> assist in any manner required at any time of the day.  I am reachable
> VIA e-mail, phone, or instant messenger.  I have a Fedora box that is
> being moved outside of my corporate firewall as we speak and the camera
> as well.  I can provide an account on the Fedora box with as many rights
> as you need (including root if required).
>
> I was very shocked by the number errors (mostly macroblock errors)
> thrown my ffmpeg during the stream reception which leads me to believe
> that Panasonic is using a non-standard H.264 implementation.
>
> Here is a copy of the Panasonic WV-SC385 technical documentation
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FTE3LGK1 (click "Regular Download" on the
> right side to recv the file)
> page 258+ documents Panasonics H.264 implementation
> page 351+ documents Panasonics RTSP stream implementation
>
> This is only slightly short of begging for help.

Iam quite busy ATM sadly, but I doubt its hard to fix

Either way, the full uncut error messages you speak about should help
to better understand where the problem is / is not.
also trying some other tool to receive the rtp as suggested by others
is a good idea.

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.