[FFmpeg-devel] Want to hire FFMpeg consultant

Tim Ouellette Tim at video-dynamics.com
Mon Mar 28 23:41:04 CEST 2011

I read on the FFMpeg site that this is possibly one of the best ways to
reach numerous people that would be interested in being hired as a
consult.  Having said that I am looking to hire one or two people as
consultants (to work together or independently) for a short term period.

I have 38 IP based cameras (Panasonic WV-SC385) that currently are
broadcasting H.264 video and G726 audio over RTSP.  I need these two
streams demuxed, the audio stream needs to be re-encoded as MPEG audio
and then have the streams re-muxed as MPEG-TS in as real near time as
possible.  Delay in retransmission that is within seconds is considered
acceptable, audio and picture quality take priority over real time
speed.  I have currently one dedicated Dell R310 server (Xeon 2.4ghz,
quad core, 4gb ram) running Fedora 14.

If you are interested in this project please read the technical specs as
listed below for more information.  Please include cost to complete the
project and estimated completion time.  If you wish to complete this
task by writing a custom piece of code using the FFMpeg libs I wish to
retain a copy of the source code should in the future modifications need
to be made.

The system is currently located in the Northern VA area (USA).  While
location is not a requirement it may be beneficial to come out to my
office to evaluate the camera in real time.  Besides I can give you all
the coffee and soda you could ever ask for.  My contact information is
as follows: tim at video-dynamics.com .  Upon acceptance I will provide you
with a physical location if you wish and phone number to reach me.
Payment will be provide be way of company check.  If you need any
additional information please feel free to email me with questions or
concerns.

Thanks for reading,

Additional Technical Specs:

  Transcoding ReStreaming Hardware:

-          R310 server (Xeon 2.4ghz, quad core, 4gb ram) running Fedora
14.  I am willing to open up telnet and place it on an external address
at my office for remote access.

-          Upon completion of the first restream we will evaluate the
hardware platform and purchase additional hardware to allow for 38
rebroadcasts.

  The Camera:

-          Panasonic WV-SC385

-
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?stor
eId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=474650&catGroupId=15568&surfModel=WV-SC
385&displayTab=O

-          I do have Panasonics technical documentation on this camera
(External Interface Specifications Network Camera) - 437 page

-          The current transmission speed is 4096 kbps but can be
changed up to 8192 kbps

-          The current resolution is 1280x720 - 30FPS - 16:9 aspect

  The final result:

-          Needs to readable by an IP STB (Amino 130H)

-          Needs to be broadcasted to a UDP multicast address (ranged
239.0.0.1 - 239.0.0.50)

-          Needs to be muxed with MPEG-TS (requirement of the Amino)

-          Video Needs to only be "copied" not transcoded

-          Audio does need to be transcoded and should remain in sync
with video as much as possible

Solutions:

-          You may use ffmpeg, ffserver, or any other open software that
you feel may help with this project

-          We (Video Dynamics) wishes to retain a copy of all original
software

Other Information:

-          The network is all LAN based, the cameras are 100mbs, the
core is 1gb and is managed (VIA Cisco's CIOS)

Thanks again,

Tim Ouellette

Sr. Systems Engineer

Video Dynamics Inc.