[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC project (JPEG 2000)

rukhsana afroz rukhsana.afroz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 06:08:41 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am having compilation error while compiling ffmpeg code with jpeg 2000
files. I put all jpeg 2000 .c and .h files in libavcodec directory. However,
while replacing these files, I found, there are already dwt.c and dwt.h
files in libavcodec directory. I found lots of inconsistency between current
dwt.c/h files and jpeg2000 dwt.c/h files in terms of function parameters and
function implementation. Therefore, i renamed jpeg2000 files to dwtg.c and
dwtg.h and changed the corresponding refereneces in some places. My code is
in "git at github.com:rukhsana/
jpeg2000.git". Now, if i compile this code, i get the following error:

CC    libavcodec/j2k.o
libavcodec/j2k.c:168: error: no previous prototype for
‘ff_j2k_init_tier1_luts’
make: *** [libavcodec/j2k.o] Error 1

"ff_j2k_init_tier1_luts" function has been declared in j2k.h file,
implemented in j2k.c file and has been called from j2kdec.c file. My goal is
trying to decode a j2k file by the current decoder. I have read one book and
the specification on jpeg 2000. Now, i am not totally illeterate for jpeg
2000 coding standard.

If anybody could help me on getting rid of current compilation error, that
would be great for me.

Thanks
Ruby

--