[FFmpeg-devel] mutlithreading in ffmpeg?

Frank Barchard fbarchard at google.com
Sat Mar 26 02:57:37 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 5:09 AM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 06:02:08PM -0700, Frank Barchard wrote:
> > I think theres a minor bug in ffmpeg-mt theora too.  Its reproducible in
> > webkit layout tests.  It doesn't happen in ffmpeg.
>
> Frame-multithreaded decoding for theora is already in FFmpeg AFAIK...

You'll need to try Fate with and without threading to detect the difference.

I gave ffmpeg threading a quick try on Windows, but the configure script
doesn't support static pthreads.
I'll try again with the patch
http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/deps/third_party/ffmpeg/patches/to_upstream/01_static_pthread_O2.patch?revision=65546&content-type=text%2Fplain