[FFmpeg-devel] FFmtech foundation meeting call

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 04:22:40 CET 2011

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 00:55:21 +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>Criteria for vote eligibility in the upcoming FFmtech board election:
>* I suggest that persons that have contributed/supported significantly
>to FFmpeg in the last 12 months code-wise and project management-wise
>are eligible to vote.

it makes sense that the people who have copyright in the code are
eligible to vote in the foundation made from said copyright profits.
excluding them would be ill advised.

in an unrelated note. it has come to my attention that Martin Storsjo
was motivated to fix an amr problem. lured by a sponsorship of the
bug , he spent 4 hours tracking it down. but now that sponsor has
dissapeared. i would like to ask ffmtech to compensate him if his
sponsor does not. i think it would help keep motivation up, at least
making 'all that work' not so worthless. sorry i dont have the bug
report or patch links atm. this is my idea and martin sounds
reluctant to ask himself.

-compn