[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Wed Mar 16 09:38:49 CET 2011

Hi.

I send that last night, but it seems that at the time, some of the people
you are siding with had already shut down the common mailing-lists.

By the way, I can not see how they could do so seeking the well-being of the
project, as there were still reconciliation discussions going on. It seems
obvious that they were only thinking about their personal power and/or
feuds. Thus, I urge you to denounce that measure. Otherwise, your claims of
having tried to find a compromise will have a sour taste.

Le quintidi 25 vent?se, an CCXIX, Luca Barbato a ?crit?:
> We spent countless time trying to find a compromise.

You (singular), have. As for others, "unacceptable; all of it; I will not
reply again".

> Recently he claimed the method used to decide in various organizations
> rigged because I proposed it.

He apologized.

>				He wants A single person in command,
> himself?, and doesn't accept other ideas.

Now, you are accusing him just on a matter of person.

> I do not want M?ns replacing Michael, I want that few simple rules do
> apply to everybody equally, is that hard to understand?

I can understand that, and thus I can understand why you undersigned the
first announce. And I acknowledge that you have said that you disapprove the
way it has happened.

But now, there have been quite a few controverted patches discussed, and you
can see how it happened: patches that M?ns liked got applied, patches that
M?ns did not like were not.

I grant you, the same is true on the other side, mutatis mutandis. The
difference is that on the other side, Michael is still recognized as project
leader, pending elections.

(By the way, Michael, would you mind being called "acting project leader"
from now on? Or even better: designate a trustworthy level-header acting
project leader.)

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George