[FFmpeg-devel] Copyright claims about material on ffmpeg.org

compn tempn
Tue Mar 15 20:13:43 CET 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:45:38 +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
>Le quintidi 25 vent?se, an CCXIX, Michael Niedermayer a ?crit?:
>> So ronald can tell me that his lawyer will help me on monday (without smiley)
>> and in context where its obviosuly not a joke but meant as a legal threat.
>
>Actually, yes: if you want to win, you have to be better than your
>adversaries.
>
>In this particular case, this is easy: most Free software enthusiasts
>despise legal quibbling, you just have to publish the facts honestly and
>objectively to gain them over.
>
>By the way, you could probably spite M?ns by claiming trademark on the logo
>he wants to keep for himself: he could keep it, but not use it with any
>multimedia-related project. But I would advise against it: that would be
>acting no better than him.

michael came up with the draft logo with ffmpeg-zigzag. following a
collaborative community effort, mans used michaels logo to come up with
the zigzag-ffmpeg logo.

imo mans can have his zigzag-libav logo and ffmpeg can have michael's
original ffmpeg-zigzag logo.

i am not a lawyer. if someone threatened me with a lawyer i'd tell them
to go fuck themselves. michael is more polite than me haha.

-compn