[FFmpeg-devel] (trying to be) a voice of reason

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Mon Mar 14 23:04:46 CET 2011

madshi <madshi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So is either side willing to compromise to show their
> true love for the project? Or do both sides insist on
> going their separate ways, resulting in ffmpeg/libav
> being cut in half, which may severely damage the
> whole project?

Didn't Michael repeatedly say that he wants all developers to continue to work
on FFmpeg either under the current rules (that are used since several years) or
new/changed ones (on which we would have to agree upon)?

(Personally, I do not fully agree with this. Why should I invest time to work
with people who have not only betrayed me personally but especially the project
as a whole?)

Carl Eugen