[FFmpeg-devel] [rfc] Applehttp proto documentation Was: [FFmpeg-commits] Add Apple HTTP Live Streaming protocol handler

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Mon Mar 7 15:37:58 CET 2011

On date Monday 2011-03-07 13:04:41 +0200, Martin Storsj? encoded:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
[...]
> > Or we could add an argument to write_header/trailer():
> > int av_write_header2(AVFormatContext *s, int init);
> > int av_write_trailer2(AVFormatContext *s, int uninit);
> >
> > when init is set to 1 the muxer is initialized before to write the
> > header.
>
> That feels like overkill and probably would do more than what would be
> desired here. Mpegts sends these "headers", SDT, PAT and PMT, regularly
> anyway, after a certain number of packets (see retransmit_si_info in
> lavf/mpegtsenc.c). It would be enough to have some flag that can be set,
> saying "please write new headers now", or perhaps named "output stream
> restarted" or something similar, that would force these to be written.

Good idea, maybe a MpegTSWrite.stream_restarted would do. I'll try to
hack a patch for it.
--
FFmpeg = Fast and Friendly Minimal Picky Emblematic Goblin