[FFmpeg-devel] DVD (MPEG2 Program Stream) with resetting DTS/PTS & SCR

Joakim Plate elupus
Thu Mar 3 14:53:38 CET 2011

Robin Stevens (SDS <Robin.Stevens <at> siraview.com> writes:

> My best guess is that this stream was produced by concatenating two
> streams, and failing to fix up the time
> stamps. Does that sound reasonable?

That is fully normal. .vob files can be "arbitrarily" chopped together with
timestamps jumping around between different vob unit. They can even have
interleaved multiple angles (timestamps jump back and repeat but have
different video). Ie they are not really meant to be played without their
accompaning .ifo, where this is described.

/Joakim