[FFmpeg-devel] Where to byte swap?

Gavin Kinsey gkinsey
Thu Mar 3 14:38:28 CET 2011

On Thursday 03 March 2011 11:06:35 Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 10:15:35AM +0000, Gavin Kinsey wrote:
> >
> > So I think it would be better to just reverse the endianness of the
> > data and set the codec to ADPCM_IMA_WAV.  The question is where to do
> > this?
>
> put it in the demuxer, theres no advantage from putting it in the parser
> a decoder would have a very slight speed advantage but this seems not
> justified as this is looking quite obscure and a seperate decoder would
> be messy

Okay, thanks.  That makes it nice and simple for me.

Closed IPTV, the new safe and secure deterministic IP Video solution from Dedicated Micros, is now shipping through selected distributors.
- Come and see this award winning plug and play, IP Video innovation at one of our Roadshows around the UK visit: https://www.dedicatedmicros.com/europe/ClosedIPTVRoadshow2011
- Contact our Customer Services Team for more information regarding how to enter the world of safe and secure hybrid IP and analogue video surveillance systems.