[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] av_get_delay
nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Jun 29 19:06:09 CEST 2011
Le primidi 11 messidor, an CCXIX, Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> i didnt say that.
Sorry I misunderstood.
> This doesnt seem to work very well for example when you have:
> a slideshow with commentary, the delay from the video stream could
> make quite big jumps an be constant between them. It might be
> better to add the remaining duration of the currently displayed frame
> in there or something
What about something like that then:
* Get the delay for the selected stream, in time_base units.
* The exact meaning of that delay depends on the format.
* For real-time muxers, data submitted to the muxer more than delay ago
* should have been output (e.g. presented to the user), while data
* submitted less than delay ago should be still somewhere in the muxer or
* some hardware buffer.
* Note that packets interleaving may introduce an additional delay.
* If the format does not support delay measurement, the return value is
int64_t av_get_output_delay(AVFormatContext *s, int stream);
> i think these are unneeded
> last_in_packet_buffer provides the last added and thus its timestamps
> and the muxer has to know itself whats the last on the presenttation
> side IMHO
Some muxers may not care to keep track.
Anyway, for this last part, unless I am mistaken, there is a strict
delay_total = delay_interleave + delay_output
The original patch gives delay_output, and is useful by itself. Maybe the
delay_interleave part can wait until someone actually needs it and therefore
can test it for usability.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ffmpeg-devel