[FFmpeg-devel] Inhibit C++ name-mangling for FFmpeg public API

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jun 23 19:04:54 CEST 2011

Kirill Gavrilov <gavr.mail <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is it OK if I prepare the patch that will use this technique?

I don't think so.
The problem is that even if we added the extern directive we still cannot
guarantee that the header will work under C++.
It is your responsibility as C++ developer to make sure you guard an external C
header appropriately (and provide the necessary compiler flags that are needed
to use the C library).

Carl Eugen