[FFmpeg-devel] Overlay Text at Specific Times

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Tue Jun 14 10:04:19 CEST 2011

On date Monday 2011-06-13 15:16:18 -0700, Joshua Grauman encoded:
> Hello again,
>
> Now that I have the rotation working, I'm trying to add text to my
> video. I'd like to be able to overlay text at specific times in my
> video (bottom center). I'd be perfectly fine being able to overlay
> images at specific times as well as I could create those from the
> text. I've searched for this a lot but I can't find anything. Is
> this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

You can make the drawtext filter parametric (allowing to specify the
size of the image, the size of the text, and the time so you can have
the text moving on the screen). Similarly you could extend the overlay
filter for taking in input a time parameter. Patches are welcome.
--
FFmpeg = Formidable Foolish Mysterious Puristic Elected Game