[FFmpeg-devel] JPEG2000 decoder

rukhsana afroz rukhsana.afroz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:06:51 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 5:26 AM, rukhsana afroz <rukhsana.afroz at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 02:25:26AM -0700, rukhsana afroz wrote:
>> > Hi Michael,

>> set to 8
>> this.
>> for
>> I need
>> I am
>> > >

>> > I have rebased the codebase against ffmpeg and also decode_packet
>> function
>> > works properly comparing with jasper. However, it gets segmentation
>> fault
>> > somewhere in decode_cblk function for adding new code. Tomorrow I will
>> be in
>> > chat to discuss this code. My new code rebased with ffmpeg is in:
>> >
>> > https://github.com/rukhsana/ffmpeg_j2k
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> btw
>>
>> floor_log2() can be replaced by av_log2()
>>

> I have pushed another branch r2 now. Could you please help check whether
> the initialization of contexts (which has been done for every codeblock
> segment) is ok compared with jasper? I think, there some problem in this. I
> am checking as well. There are some problems in decode_cblk function, i need
> to debug thoroughly.

ff_mqc_initdec function have both context and data initialization. I think,
context and data initialization should be separated. Context will only be
initialized at the beginning of cblk decode. Whereas, data will be
initialized for each segment iterated inside the code block. Also,
decode_sigpass, refpass, clnpass uses the variable "bpno" in order to
calculate mask, phalf, nhalf. These variables are important. I think, there
need some modifications on these too. Please let me know how you do think.

Thanks

--
Rukhsana Ruby
Phd Student