[FFmpeg-devel] [GSoC] [RFC] Abstract AVFilterFormats to AVRefCountedList for reuse

Mina Nagy Zaki mnzaki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 07:09:42 CEST 2011

On Thursday 02 June 2011 06:46:57 Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 09:32:49AM +0300, Mina Nagy wrote:

It makes a little more sense when you see it in usage as a set of
formats/layouts... but I'm actually starting to doubt the whole idea. Are
there situations/filters that will actually benefit from layout negotiation. The
one example I have (af_earwax) actually *doesn't* benefit, it makes more sense
for it to simply abort when faced with the wrong channel layout.

Can someone comment on whether or not layout negotiation is going to be useful
or have I over-engineered this?

--
Mina