[FFmpeg-devel] [libav-devel] ESA Summer of Code in Space 2011

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sun Jul 10 21:58:53 CEST 2011

On date Saturday 2011-07-09 21:26:25 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
[...]
> |Communication is a key aspect in space programs, being able to
> |communicate effectively and reliably, even in extreme conditions, is
> |a fundamental prerequisite.
> |
> |FFmpeg/Libav is highly focused on providing the most possible
> |reliable and robust multimedia support, and a special emphasis is
> |given on optimization issues, making it especially suited for
> |computing environments with strict memory and power requirements.
> |
> |By partecipating to SOCIS, FFmpeg/Libav may extend its capabilities
> |and focus even more on robustness/reliability features making it the
> |ideal candidate for multimedia/communication mission-critical
> |space-related tasks.

> Since I read no more replies and there are no objections, I'm going to
> create a joint FFmpeg/Libav application, for which I'll act as
> administrator (SOCIS requires a single administrator, but an
> unofficial backup admin is welcome).
>
> It is fundamental for the application success to have a page of
> ideas/proposals.
>
> I'm going to create a new page based on this:
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_/_Libav_Summer_Of_Code_2011
>
> *Mentors and proposals are welcome*.
>
> I'll create the wiki page tomorrow, and will ask the interested
> mentors to fill it.

Hi all, here it is:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg/Libav_Summer_Of_Code_In_Space
and
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_/_Libav_Summer_Of_Code_In_Space_2011

Candidate mentors are welcomed to describe the tasks they wish to
mentor on the wiki.

Application deadline is on 15th of July (the next Friday), so please
do it before that date (and possibly before, so we get a chance to
review the proposals before sending the application).

You should ask Mike Melanson in case you need an account for editing
the wiki.