[FFmpeg-devel] JPEG2000 decoder

rukhsana afroz rukhsana.afroz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 17:46:04 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:57 AM, rukhsana afroz <rukhsana.afroz at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:09 AM, rukhsana afroz <rukhsana.afroz at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Please respond to me whenever you see this message. I truly appreciate
>> your help. I will not take much of your time.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:19 AM, rukhsana afroz <rukhsana.afroz at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michael,
>>>

>>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:11 AM, rukhsana afroz <rukhsana.afroz at gmail.com

>>> The current bug is due to the incorrect calculation of band coordiantes.
>>> This is due to the following variables in SIZ marker:
>>>
>>> XRsizi:Horizontal separation of a sample of ith component with respect to
>>> the reference grid. There is one
>>>       occurrence of this parameter for each component.
>>> YRsizi:Vertical separation of a sample of ith component with respect to
>>> the reference grid. There is one
>>>       occurrence of this parameter for each component.
>>>
>>> XRsizi: 2, YRsizi: 1 for the file p1_01.j2k. I am not very sure how to
>>> use these variables correctly to calculate band coordinate. I truly
>>> appreciate your help.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

> I have fixed the bug in the calculation of band coordinates. Now, I have
> found new bug. I need your help on this. If you could reply, that would be
> very helpful for me.

I have fixed the bug on calculating the band coordinates and now arithmetic
encoding is working. I have one question, after dequantization before
inverse wavelet transform, should the component data of our decoder match
with jasper's decoder. I am finding mismatch between both data. Also, I am
getting memory leak while printing component data. My code for printing
component data is below:

static void printcomp(J2kDecoderContext *s, J2kComponent *comp) {
    int i, j;

    av_log(s->avctx, AV_LOG_INFO, "y: %d\n", comp->coord[1][1] -
comp->coord[1][0]);
    for( i = 0; i < comp->coord[1][1] - comp->coord[1][0]; i++){
       for( j = 0; j < comp->coord[0][1] - comp->coord[0][0]; j++)
     av_log(s->avctx, AV_LOG_INFO, "0x%x ", *(comp->data + j));

       if (i < comp->coord[1][1] - comp->coord[1][0] - 1)
            comp->data = comp->data + comp->coord[0][1] - comp->coord[0][0];
       av_log(s->avctx, AV_LOG_INFO, "\n");
    }

}

If you have any suggestion, please let me know.