[FFmpeg-devel] Not so preliminary announcement about the current situation

Berczi Gabor gabor
Fri Jan 28 16:25:22 CET 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> btw, as you mention license, how many years did mr. diego drag the VSO issue
> out? not reply to emails for months and then ask for 2000 Euro
> payment for it?

Huh. Okay I just checked what this is about.

... Oh. Oh god. THREE years? AND getting paid 2000 EUR for this?!?!

And you even let this guy act as root?! /o\

This is inconceivable...

And it's the same guy who insisted on KiSS Tech. giving him their _full_ DVD player source code just because he wanted to verify (sic!) that it does not contain any more GPL code. This right after misappropriating the compensation money to FSF (or himself).

> And id volunteer to handle license issues all myself for half that money per
> settlement.

I used to do it for free (and effectively!) at MPlayer, before I was coup'd by Diego.