[FFmpeg-devel] Not so preliminary announcement about the current situation

Igor Gueths igueths
Fri Jan 28 04:10:02 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 09:59:01PM -0500, compn wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 01:33:25 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:23:51AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> >> Dear friends, developers, contributors and vultures,
> >
> >[...]
> >> 4) Even no replacement as root could be found in the last 4 (four!)
> >> months and hence forcing me to go on with something i didnt want
> >> to do. I now read that Michael was able to find two people who
> >> would be willing to take over in less than a week. Please consider
> >> me as FUCKING PISSED!
> >
> >I found people who would be willing to do it / help a bit with root admin
> >because of the exceptional situation now. Because people see the project is
> >breaking apert, developers leaving and vultures arriving
> >and because we all want to avoid this.
> >The people who volunteered to help with root are
> >arpi, reimar, stefano, myself and possibly vladimir but valdimir clarifid
> >it toward a no. reimar also didnt sound really completely happy
> >arpi and me are controversal
> >arpi is the worlds best admin though and i lack experience for root but
> >would try as a last resort
> >
> >I can ask more around to see if others want to help.
>
> i'm available to help, but i havent been root of any public boxes.

While my time is unfortunately somewhat limited these days, I would definitely
be willing to lend a helping hand wherever possible. For any interested parties
seeking out admins, please contact me off-list and I will be glad to answer any
questions.
Regards,
-- Igor