[FFmpeg-devel] Not so preliminary announcement about the current situation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jan 28 01:33:25 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:23:51AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Dear friends, developers, contributors and vultures,

[...]
> 4) Even no replacement as root could be found in the last 4 (four!)
> months and hence forcing me to go on with something i didnt want
> to do. I now read that Michael was able to find two people who
> would be willing to take over in less than a week. Please consider
> me as FUCKING PISSED!

I found people who would be willing to do it / help a bit with root admin
because of the exceptional situation now. Because people see the project is
breaking apert, developers leaving and vultures arriving
and because we all want to avoid this.
The people who volunteered to help with root are
arpi, reimar, stefano, myself and possibly vladimir but valdimir clarifid
it toward a no. reimar also didnt sound really completely happy
arpi and me are controversal
arpi is the worlds best admin though and i lack experience for root but
would try as a last resort

I can ask more around to see if others want to help.

i still think you did the job pretty good and i am still sad to see you still
want to leave.

[...]

> [1] http://attila.kinali.ch/ffmpeg-devel.log.gz

thank you

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities
are wrong. -- Voltaire