[FFmpeg-devel] Preliminary announcement about the current situation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jan 19 13:12:54 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:54:48PM +0100, Herv? W. wrote:
> On 19/01/2011, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > I just wanted to say that iam as surprised as everyone else about what has
> > happened in the last few hours and that some developers overtaking
> > official ffmpeg and closing everyone elses write access without any kind of
> > public discussion is kinda nasty.
>
> Which repository? git.ffmpeg or git.videolan ? (or both)

Id guess the one and only repo everything point to now. Users wont know or find
another that easily.

> > Of course its their full right to fork if they see the need for that but
> > thats
> > not exactly what they did.
> >
> > And that I and everyone i spoke with dont even know the reason behind this
> > move
>
> Have you asked any of the undersigned of "[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE]
> New FFmpeg maintainership" ?

maybe not but they surely have seen me asking here in public and can awnser
here

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable