[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] allow wordexp globs in image2 file sequence import

Brian Olson icic
Thu Jan 6 23:47:40 CET 2011

On Jan 6, 2011, at 5:28 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> depends on how you expand my "fix the code" :)
> it could very well check what files are in the directory and match them against
> the pattern.

[...]
> wordexp is more powerfull, yes, you can even do $(echo foobar >> ~/.bashrc)
> this is something that we shouldnt just allow by default i think

I could write my own pattern matching but I'd much rather use a standard/common library (correctly optional based on configure script). wordexp exists by default on my Ubuntu Linux machine and my MacOS 10.6 machine. This makes me think it's common.
It's not just 'match files in a directory against a pattern'
It could be */*/*.jpg
wordexp handles that for me. It handles a lot of cases that are common things people want to do. Great, let's do that.