[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Tobias Bindhammer tobias.bindhammer
Tue Feb 15 22:06:47 CET 2011

On 15.02.2011 17:01, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 02/15/2011 04:25 PM, Tobias Bindhammer wrote:
>> Out of a simple reason, this way we could start from scratch and unify
>> all developers again and then build a new ruling structure that is based
>> on proper voting. If it ends up to be the same team of 7 and same new
>> rules, i am fine with it, but i'd love to see alls this chaos to cease.
>> So please push the reset button :-) This also applies to personal
>> disliked and insults. I don't think any of the inflicted people is and
>> was acting in a bad manner, so it should be easy to restart and pick up
>> the new chance, right?
>
> One of the problems with this "vote" is that "Yes" does not have a
> really defined or agreed effect.
>
> So I'm quite sure that your "Yes let's try to go back and find an
> agreement" isn't the same Yes as "remove all the signees from the project".
>
> What is the system you'd like?

That is not part of my yes, please don't get me wrong here :-) I was
just thinking a step further and making suggestions for afterwards. If
all step back first, then we can discuss and _vote_ for a
system/rules/government/name it, that most of all developers want. Even
if that vote would be not my choice, i'd life with it and accept it and
still join in. That is just my sense of democracy. The number of
maintainers, committers, leaders, that is all discussable, but not
pushing things through without a vote. Therefore, whatever is, i have to
vote Yes.

Toby

--
Dipl. Ing. Tobias Bindhammer