[FFmpeg-devel] Maintainership question

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Feb 12 21:52:53 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 01:39:26PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Nicolas George
> <nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> > Le quartidi 24 pluvi?se, an CCXIX, Ronald S. Bultje a ?crit?:
> >> Generally, yes. We sometimes forget a patch, and yes I have patches of
> >> you in my unread-mailbox waiting for me to have time to read them. I
> >> hope to get to them this weekend, they are overdue. I apologize for
> >> that.
> >
> > Of course, I do not think anyone will begrudge the committers to forget a
> > patch in an overloaded mailbox.
> >
> >> Sort of, technical arguments will have me delay the patch and I don't
> >> really do too many other personal dislikes on non-technical grounds.
> >> This is not a humanities field. :-).
> >
> > I see. But let us assume that a Third person has reproaches against a patch
> > that can not convince either the Submitter to withdraw it or the Maintainer
> > to reject it. I suppose you will either consider the patch properly approved
> > or intervene in the discussion?
> >
> > And the itchy part: does this still hold if the Third person is M?ns and
> > Maintainer is Michael?
> >
> > If so, I think someone should commit
> >
> > 76ad67c ?Implement guessed_pts in avcodec_decode_video2
> > d6705a2 ?ffplay: stats: do not dereference NULL video
> >
> > (possibly sqhashed into one).
>
> Expanding over what Mans said, he had technical objections so this
> whole thing is kind of meritless.

I admit I lost track, but the only technical objections I paid attention
to were refuted.
If that's not the case, someone should probably restate it, otherwise
I'm sure I'm not the only one only rembering "I don't like it, it's ugly
and it's only going in over my dead body no matter how wrong I am".